Reduce arm fat at home
Reduce arm fat at home Ah, arm fat. You know what it is. And let’s face it. We all know that we shouldn’t make much out of such things (after all, all body types are beautiful). But there is still a moment of hesitation when we put on a cute spaghetti top or a sleeveless dress. If there is a word that describes arm fat, it would have to be persistent. And no matter how much you control your diet or reduce dessert, arm fat still seems to stay. Irritating, right? However, before you find a way to reduce flabby arm muscles, it is important to know what causes the accumulation of arm fat.
What causes arm fat?
If you think you’re the only one facing this problem, you know you’re not alone. Arm fat is just one of the things caused by the onset of aging. As you get older, your metabolism decreases and if you do not follow a physically active lifestyle, the excess fat can be stored in your arms.
Although there is no clear conclusion yet, some studies have shown that low testosterone levels can trigger the storage of excess fat in the upper arm area. As women get older, the levels of testosterone in their bodies decrease, making it harder for them to lose flaccid arms.
So, this raises the million-dollar questions. How to lose flabby arms? Is there a sure shot way to reduce arm fat? In short, yes. Let’s start with what you can eat in order to reduce flabby arms.
What perfect diet should you follow to lose arm fat?
The first thing to keep in mind when trying to reduce sagging arms is that you need to start watching the number of calories you consume. Studies say that you have to burn about 3,500 calories to burn a pound of fat. While the amount seems discouraging, there is an easy way to achieve this goal. Try to reduce about 500 calories from your daily diet, and over a week you could burn 3,500 calories. Write down everything you eat and the calorie content in a notebook to make it easier to keep track of your consumption.
1. Reduce arm fat at home No sugar
This one’s obvious, right? Everyone knows that things with high sugar content (yes, lemonades, cakes, and pastries, we’re looking at you) are harmful to health. Sugar alone is not bad at all, but to lose flabby arms, you have to reduce foods with excessive sugar content. To reduce arm fat, make changes to your daily diet to reduce the amount of sugar added. For example, reduce the amount of sugar you add to your cup of coffee or tea instead of buying canned or bottled juices, make your own fresh fruit juice instead of sugary breakfast cereals, try porridge and add fresh fruit for a dash of sweetness.
2. Never skip breakfast
This is the worst thing you can do to yourself if you want to lose limp arms! Skipping breakfast can cause you to eat too much all day long. Instead, eat a proper, healthy breakfast to start your day on the right note.
3. Include protein
If you are trying to lose flabby arms, it would be helpful to include more protein in your diet. Eating protein-rich foods will help you build more muscle and boost your metabolism, allowing you to burn more calories. Another reason to include more protein in your diet is to feel fuller for longer and to make it easier to avoid hunger pangs between meals. Remember, the goal is only to increase your protein intake and not to limit your entire diet to protein. Add more lean meat, beans, nuts, seeds, seafood, and leafy vegetables to lose flabby arms.
Exercises to Reduce arm fat at home
If only reducing arm fat was as easy as just controlling your diet. While eating right is one half of the entire process, you have to pay equal attention to exercising as well. Here are some easy exercises to follow for desired results.
1. Weight lifting
- All you need for this exercise is a standard pair of weights. If you don’t have dumbbells, you can use a bottle of water as a substitute.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the weight with both your hands and lift it above your head. Pay close attention to form. Your arms should be straight.
- Slowly, lower the weight behind your back.
- After holding for a couple of seconds, lift the weight above your head again.
While doing this exercise, keep your arms as close to your ears as possible.
Do 3 sets of 20 reps each. Rest for a minute in between each set.
2. Tricep dips
- Find a suitable chair or bench for this exercise. The height of the chair/bench matters a lot. It has to be at least 2 feet higher than the ground.
- Sit at the edge of the chair/bench and place your arms behind you or at the edge of the seat. Make sure that the distance between your arms is shoulder-width apart.
- With your back in an upright position, sit at the very edge of the seat, with your legs stretched out in front of you.
- Bend your elbows to a 90-degree angle and slowly lower your lower body off the seat and towards the ground.
- Hold this pose for a few seconds and remember to regulate your breathing. Take a few deep breaths. It will help you maintain the pose without exerting yourself.
- Straighten your arms again and push your body up again (do not sit on the chair yet).
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps daily for effective results in reducing arm fat.
3. Bicep curls
- You will need a pair of weights for this exercise.
- Stand firmly on the ground, with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold onto one weight in each hand.
- While grasping the weights, make sure your palms are facing you, with your fingers encircled around the weight.
- Lift both the weights by bending your elbows and bringing your arms up towards your shoulders.
- Keep your elbows tucked in closer towards your sides to maintain the right form.
- After holding for a few seconds, bring down the weights by lowering your arms.
- Based on the level of comfort, do about 2 to 4 sets of 15 or 20 reps each.
- This exercise can work great for all those looking to lose flabby arms.
- Spread a yoga mat on the floor and lie down on your stomach.
- With your palms facing downwards, rest your hands on the floor.
- With your hands resting firmly on the ground, lift your body up. Slowly, lower your body again, till your chest is almost touching the ground.
- Since this exercise requires immense upper body strength, start with doing knee pushups first, and then proceed to regular pushups when you get comfortable.
- Rest your knees on the floor and raise your upper body slowly. Pause for a second and then lower it again till your chest is close to the ground (parallel to it).
- During this exercise, breathe in on your way down and exhale when you raise your body up.
- Do 3 reps of 10 sets daily for best results.
5. Side plank with dumbbell raises
- It is commonly known that planks are a great way to work out your core. A side plank does the same but if you add a pair of dumbbells, you can get two benefits. Not only will you work out your core but your arms as well, and can effectively say goodbye to arm fat.
- For this exercise, you will need a yoga mat and a dumbbell of whatever weight you are comfortable with. (Keep in mind, a very heavyweight will only lead to you straining so yourself, so, choose wisely).
- Rest on your elbow, in the side plank position. In order to hold the position right, pay attention to your form, or you may injure yourself. For this exercise, your elbow should be below your shoulder and your feet should be one on top of the other. Grip the dumbbell in your other hand. Advertisement
- Slowly raise your hips off the mat in such a way that there is a straight line formed from your shoulders to your ankle.
- Extend the arm in which you are holding the dumbbell above your shoulder.
- Next, lower your arm again and rest it in front of your body.
- Pay attention to your breathing in order to not strain yourself during this exercise. Breathe in as you lift your arm above your shoulder and breathe out as you bring it down again.
- Repeat these movements at least ten times and then switch sides and follow the steps again.
- This exercise is easy to do and requires no weights. You will need just a yoga mat and enough space to move your hands.
- Spread the mat and stand with your legs apart.
- Extend your arms towards your sides and keep them straight. This is your starting position.
- Now, bring your arms towards the front of your body And cross them over in a way that they overlap. (Think of your hands like the blades of a scissor when you cross them over).
- Return to the position you started in.
- Repeat this movement and carry on for about 20 minutes.
- Do this exercise every day for the best results.
Recommended article: How to lose arm fat at home
Share it with your friends and family